Google Translator

Recommended Links

Thursday, March 5, 2009

a new day......

First off.....a big hello to a miniaturist neighbor that I didn't know about. Doreen, http://doreensminiatures.blogspot.com/ ....and here I thought I was the only one in this neck of the woods!

Hey Doreen, we should get together & compare notes. If I see any clothes patterns for contemporary dolls, I'll make them for you.



Got a lot done yesterday. Cut & painted most of my baseboards and crown moldings; put my stairs together & painted them; the ceiling downstairs in the shop is done and the lower half of the shop walls are whitewashed. I love it when a plan comes together...

When I started this house, I knew right away what it was going to be: a Fine Sewing & Millinary Emporium. The shop is downstairs & the seamstress' living quarters upstairs. I had no trouble finding some suitable scapbooking "wallpaper" at Michaels and because there are so many nooks & crannies upstairs, I wallpapered before I added the roof. I do remember reading at the time not to paste wallpaper too close to the windows as it makes them too thick. ....huh?

Well, I'm an Aries, an A type personality. We never stop to ask ourselves, whether we learnt to swim. We jump right in at the deep end & flail around until we either sink or swim. (course we'd never let you know if we sank!)

Soooo, having painted my inside sash windows and the frames, it's time to glue them to the walls. I never did read the instructions on how these windows go together but as long as it looks right, it can't be wrong! The outside sashes were hung long ago. The inside window frames are too long. ....OK. I have a handy dandy saw. Yes, but now I'm realizing that when I glue on the inside sashes, I'm going to be seeing wallpaper inside the frames. Did I hear a titter......

I glued my wallpaper on! I didn't use wallpaper paste; I used glue! Is there someone giggling? Took me a while to realize that water does dissolve .....sort of.... white glue. But not before I had a big pile of paper shavings and a lot of blue air. I'm sure I hear someone laughing!

Stop it! Whoever's laughing, cut it out!

OK. That's it! Now there's a whole bunch of you out there laughing. If you wouldn't play nice, I'll end this post! .....and I won't even tell you about the second hand Garfield that I'm buying today. So There!

2 comments:

  1. I use glue for my wallpaper, too, so I'm not laughing. As long as it works, who cares?? That is, until we decide to remove it. THEN we wish we'd done it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like real wallpaper paste for hanging wallpaper but it doesn't really come off much better if you make a mistake. :-)
    I've given you a blog award if you'd like to stop by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....