Google Translator

Recommended Links

Monday, October 12, 2009


T'was the night of Thanksgiving, and I just couldn't sleep
so I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with great anticipation,
the thought of a snack became a huge infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
and gazed at the fridge, filled with goodies galore.
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
then pickles and carrots, and beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
then all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.
I crashed through the ceiling and floated into the sky
with a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees.
Happy eating to all - pass the cranberries, please.
May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you....