Google Translator

Recommended Links

Friday, October 2, 2009

You have mail......

Just received this email from Jodi:
Dearest Karin...

I just received my WONDERFUL WONDERFUL little 'surprise' swap gift from you.... and I must tell you that I am madly in love with it!!!
It arrived in perfect condition , flawless... and I just can't stop marveling at how wonderful it is....

Thank You for remembering that I love Brooms so much...and I adore the gloves!!

I will proudly display it on my Nightmare before Christmas Shelf ...from this point forward...and each time I look at it I will smile and think of you ...

Thanks so much for my wonderful Gift...you did a SUPER JOB!!!!!

Big Warm Hugs,
Jodi


So I guess it's time to let my creation see the light of day after that long wait in the darkness of the basement:

He was based on the Fantasia mop, made entirely of clay with a wire armature underneath, and is supposed to be yawning & stretching...

I think I got the yawning right. Maybe the stretching needs more work...

On the other hand, maybe it's surprise that he's showing after Mickey turned the wizrd's magic wand on him.

Ara, this has been such fun! I can hardly wait to do it again. Oh, ah....maybe we should wait until after Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Karin, I am so glad you had fun and that it got there all in one piece. I kind of think his hands look like he's blocking the lights from his eyes a bit!! Its a bit too bright coming up from the basement!!! Yes we will have to do it again.... but definitely AFTER the holidays!!!! -ara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mop that is, I love it! Can see why Jodi is verry happy with it!
    * marlies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat! I love him!

    Jody
    Mini Leaps and Bounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Karin. I am posting mine out to you on Monday so drop me a line when you received :). Really hope you like it! I will let you know how you can add electricity if you wish :). By the way, congratz for the feature in "Little Roomers" !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Broom, no wonder Jodi was thrilled to bits with him..x

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....