Google Translator

Recommended Links

Monday, April 12, 2010

Do you Really Need that Space?


Lately I've been hearing a lot of people complaining about not having enough room to work in. I know that not matter how often I clean up, as soon as I get started on something, I'm back to working in a space the size of my laptop.
So when I came across this news item, I was intrigued. Here's a man who lives in a house that's 96 sq ft large. Talk about compact!
Jay Shafer is the creator and resident of the smallest house in the world, which he has proudly named Tumbleweed. He's a San Francisco artist and architect, who sells plans for, and builds, tiny homes in sizes ranging from an extremely small 50 square feet to a practically roomy 500 square feet.
Jay has been living in a house smaller than some people’s closets since 1997. His decision to inhabit just 96 square feet arose from his concerns he had about the impact a larger house would have on the environment, and because he does not want to maintain a lot of unused or unusable space.





I'm too much of a pack rat to manage that ....but I do stand in awe of someone who can!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I could never do that. Imagine having to try and change those sheets in that space. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hola vi su blog anunciado en otro de una amiga del foro miniaturas en España y me pase a ver.
    me gustan sus trabajos en miniatura son geniales.
    en cuanto a la mini casa creo que yo seria feliz en una casa así, aunque tiene que ser uno todo un maniático del orden para poder vivir así.
    un abrazo
    lo seguiré.


    Hello I saw his blog announced in other one of a friend of the forum miniatures in Spain and I pass to see.
    They like to me his works in miniature are brilliant.
    As for the mini house I believe that I serious happy in a house like that, though it has to be one the whole maniac of the order to be able to live like that.
    An embrace
    I will follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds nice, nicely done...! Of course, living alone may be a condition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, you definitely don't want company in that size of house; can you imagine trying to get past one another. You'd want to be on initmate terms with the person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also show this yesterday and can it really be classed as a house or is it just a converted trailer. Here's a link to the smallest house in the UK, now this really is a house, made from Bricks and mortar.
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en-GB&q=smallest+house+in+wales&sourceid=navclient-ff&rlz=1B3PBFA_enGB265GB266&ie=UTF-8&aq=0&oq=sma

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....